Webinar: Fuel Cell Material Handling: U.S. Success and European Growth
The fuel cell materials handling market has been experiencing sustained growth for several years, with players such as Coca-Cola, BMW, Fed-Ex, Sysco and WalMart taking advantage of the particular benefits offered over conventional technologies. Shorter refuelling times and high performance have been critical to the success of this sector, and, in the U.S. in particular, fuel cell materials handling vehicles are proving to be the solution of choice without subsidies. According to Fuel Cells 2000, there are over 4,000 fuel cell forklifts in use in the U.S. today. Across Europe, increasing numbers of logistics companies are starting to use fuel cell lift trucks in their warehouses.
The webinar “Fuel Cell Material Handling: U.S. success and European growth” organised jointly by the Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Group of the Energy Generation and Supply KTN and the UK Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Association which will be held on Wednesday 27th of November 2013, from 2pm to 3.30pm (UTC/GMT).
The session will include contributions from Jennifer Kurtz, National Renewable Energy Laboratory of the U.S. Department of Energy and Warren Brower of Plug Power / HyPulsion.
This session will aim to:
- Provide an overview of U.S. and European developments in fuel cell material handling
- Explain how DOE support and other activities have helped stimulate the sector
- Give a commercial view of recent progress and prospects for further growth, both in the U.S. and Europe
- Location: Webinar
- Web Address: http://tinyurl.com/nn5zrgk
- Registration Link: http://materialshandling.
- Cost: Free