The Fourteenth International Symposium on Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (SOFC-XIV) will be held at the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Center in Glasgow, Scotland on July 26-31, 2015; this symposium is being held as part of the Electrochemical Society (ECS) Conference on Electrochemical Energy Conversion & Storage.
As was the case with the previous thirteen symposia in this series, this Symposium will provide an international forum for the presentation and discussion of the latest research and developments on solid oxide fuel cells (SOFCs), solid oxide electrolysis cells and related topics. Papers are solicited on all aspects of solid oxide fuel cells and electrolysis cells; following is a partial list of topics to be addressed:
(1) Materials for cell and stack components (e.g. electrolyte, electrodes, interconnection, and seals)
(2) Fabrication methods for cell components, complete cells, and stacks
(3) Cell designs, electrochemical performance, and modeling
(4) Stack designs and their performance
(5) Utilization of different fuels with or without reformation
(6) Stationary power generation, transportation, and military applications, as well as electrolysis applications
(7) Prototype SOFC and SOEC systems, field test experience, cost, and commercialization plans
(8) High temperature electrolysis with solid oxide electrolytes (SOECs)
The organisers look forward to receiving your abstract(s) by January 12, 2015, and seeing you in Glasgow for another exciting symposium on SOFCs.
ECS online abstract submission will open on Friday, October 24, 2014. Abstracts for all oral and poster contributions must be submitted via the ECS website no later than January 12, 2015. All papers presented at the Symposium will be published as a special issue of the Electrochemical Society Transactions (ECST) that will be available in electronic form at the meeting. Manuscripts should be prepared according to the ECST manuscript preparation guidelines available at http://ecsdl.org/site/ecs/author_instructions.xhtml#prep. Manuscripts not adhering to the formatting and other preparation instructions will not be accepted. All manuscripts should be submitted online to ECS no later than April 10, 2015. All manuscripts should be submitted in MS Word format (irrespective of any other instruction on the website) in order to allow us to make any minor editorial or formatting changes before converting the file to pdf format. Submission of an abstract obligates the author to submit a full manuscript, and no paper (either oral or poster) will be scheduled in the Symposium program if a manuscript is not received by the deadline.